JAE – FA10 Series – Connector for FPC connection, unique one-action mating structure
Recently hand-held devices are equipped with a lot of function modules due to the incorporation of multiple functions. Along with this trend, the numbers of the connectors to connect the modules to the main board and other components are increasing and the minimization of the mating work time and prevention of the work mistakes are becoming an issue. To settle these issues, JAE has developed the “FA10 Series” connector for FPC connection realizing to shorten work time and prevent work mistakes with a unique one-action mating structure.
- Space saving FPC connector with 0.5mm pitch, 0.9mm height, 3.2mm depth.
- Applicable FPC thickness 0.2 ± 0.03mm, top and bottom-surface connection type, LIF (Low Insertion Force) structure.
- Guides for FPC sides for prevention of misalignment.
- One-action mating, with no need for actuator or slider operation during insertion and removal.
- Tapered guides in the insertion area for improved FPC insertion guidance.
- Board pattern traces are possible under the connector, excluding terminal areas. Terminals at both front and back improve board retention strength.
- Pb-free, halogen-free compliant product.
- Ni barrier prevents solder wicking.
Smartphones, tablet PCs, portable game devices, digital cameras, and internal FPC connection area of other small portable devices.
- No. of Contacts: 4, 5, 6, and 10 positions
- Contact Resistance (top connection, bottom connection): 70m ohms max.
- Dielectric Withstanding Voltage: AC250V per minute max.
- Operating Temperatur: -40 Deg. C ~ + 85 Deg. C
- Durability: 20 mating cycles max.
- Rated Current: AC, DC each 0.5A per terminal
- Rated Voltage: AC, DC each 50V per terminal
- Applicable FPC Thickness: 0.2mm ± 0.03mm
- Pitch: 0.5mm one row alignment
Materials and Finishes
- Housing: Heat-resistant plastic (Black, halogen-free)
- Contact: Copper alloy / Au plating over Ni; 0.1μm min. Au plating