J-CAP Tantalum Polymer Capacitor Series with the Industry’s Highest Energy Per Volume
AVX has released a new series of tantalum polymer capacitors designed to provide small, high energy, low profile solutions for demanding solid-state drive (SSD) applications. Exhibiting low ESR and the highest energy per volume (Joules/cc) of any comparable SMT capacitor currently available on the market. The new J-CAP Series feature conductive polymer electrodes, which exhibit a benign failure mode under recommended use conditions, and undertab terminations.
The series is currently available in four case sizes, the EIA Metric and AVX code for which follow: 3528-10 (L), 3528-12 (T), 7343-15 (X), and 7361-20 (4). A fifth, 7361-15 (3), is currently in development.
Key Features :
- Highest Energy per volume and maximum volumetric efficiency
- Conductive polymer electrode offers benign failure mode under recommended use conditions
- Low ESR
Applications/ Advantages & Selling Points:
- Low profile case sizes (1 or 1.2 mm)
- Close positioning of several parts for efficient high density PCB layout
- May be operated up to 90% of rated voltage