Infineon – CIPOS™ Tiny— Next generation 3-phase inverter module
CIPOS™ Tiny 3-phase inverter module is the newest generation of IPM to offer the highest power density vari-able speed motor drive. By using our latest generation of IGBTs, it is possible to realize maximum efficiency with minimum footprint. In addition, system mechanical design flexibility is also considered by offering both CIPOS™ Tiny SIP and DIP form factors. Ideal applications for the IPM include high efficiency washing machi-ne, air conditioning, fan, compressors, and industrial drives ranging from 6 A to 20 A current requirements.
This advanced IPM is a compact and fully isolated thermally enhanced package. With an integrated high preci-sion temperature monitor, over-current protection feature, and under-voltage lockout function, delivers high system level protection and fail-safe operation. Utilizing our newest TRENCHSTOP™ 6 IGBTs and level-shifting driver HVIC, we are able to realize highest efficiency and ruggedness
– Smallest IPM with current rating up to 20 A
– Offered in both DIP and SIP package
– Integrated bootstrap function
– Up to 20 A 600 V ratings
– 33% smaller footprint than CIPOS™ Mini
– Rated max Tcase of 125 °C
– Ideal for 250 W to >1.5 kW applications.
– Ideal platform for future SiC/GaN IPM solutions
– Current consumption < 2.5 mA/ch.
– Benchmark cranking voltage capability down to 3.1 V
– ≤ 5% current sense accuracy (kILIS)
– Technology enables miniturization
– Enables cost and size reduction for home appliance motor drives
– SIP option allows PCB size reduction and alternative heatsink mounting
– UL certified package and temp sensor
– Enables PCB area savings, due to its size but also by reduc-ing the number of components needed in the BOM
– Overall reduces the system cost, without having to compro-mise on the technical performance, the protection and the diagnostic
Product overview incl. data sheet link