Intel Launches New Xeon W Workstation Processors
New Intel® Xeon® W-3400 and Intel® Xeon® W-2400 processor family
Intel recently launched the new Intel Xeon W-3400 and Intel Xeon W-2400 desktop workstation processors, code-named Sapphire Rapids. Designed for professional creators, these new Xeon processors provide massive performance for media and entertainment, engineering and data science professionals. With a groundbreaking new compute architecture, faster cores and new embedded multi-die interconnect bridge (EMIB) packaging, the Xeon W-3400 and Xeon W-2400 series of processors enable unprecedented scalability for increased performance.
With the Xeon W-3400 and Xeon W-2400 processors, Intel provides the foundation for high-end computing that today’s professionals require for the future of computing. Support for DDR5 RDIMM memory, PCIe Gen 5.0 and Wi-Fi 6E gives professionals the cutting-edge platform technologies they require for the compute workloads of the future. Additionally, support for Intel vPro® enterprise technology, alongside ECC memory and reliability, availability and serviceability (RAS) technologies, ensures workstation uptime is maximized so professionals don’t have to worry about workflow interruptions.
Features of the new Intel Xeon W processor family
Available with up to 56 cores and 112 threads on a single chip, the all-new Xeon W processors feature a redesigned memory controller and larger L3 cache. Intel’s most powerful desktop workstation processor ever designed, the Intel Xeon w9-3495X, is delivering up to 28% single-thread and up to 120% multithread performance improvements over the previous generation. Additionally, operational frequencies up to 4.8 GHz with Intel® Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0 provide professional users with incredible compute performance in daily workloads.
Intel® Xeon® W-3400 Processors
Up to 56 Cores
Intel® Xeon® W-2400 Processors
Up to 24 Cores
|Order Xeon W-3400 Processors at R24||Order Xeon W-2400 Processors at R24|
Xeon W-3400 & Xeon W-2400 Product Brief
Features at a glance:
- New Processor Core Architecture
- Up to 8 channels of DDR5 ECC RDIMM memory up to 4800 MT/s and 4 TB
- PCIe 5.0 up to 112 Lanes (Xeon W-3400) and up to 64 Lanes (Xeon W-2400)
- Increased L2 Cache and L3 Shared Intel® Smart Cache (up to 105 MB)
- 3rd Gen Intel® Deep Learning Boost (AVX-512 support)
- Support for select Intel vPro® Enterprise Technology
- ECC Memory Support and RAS technologies
- Intel® Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0 (up to 4.8 GHz of CPU frequency)
- Integrated Intel® Wi-Fi 6E (Gig+) for the latest network connectivity
- Comprehensive overclocking support for unlocked processors – including first-in-industry DDR5 XMP 3.0 RDIMM memory overclocking features.
|Media & Entertainment
||Engineering (CAD, CAE, Simulation, AEC)
||Scientific Computing and Artificial Intelligence Development
Further information on the new Intel Xeon W processor families