Infineon – TLI4970 Miniature Magnetic Digital Current Sensor
TLI4970 is a high-precision current sensor based on Infineon´s proven Hall technology. The coreless concept significantly reduces footprint compared with existing solutions.
TLI4970 is an easy-to-use, fully digital solution that does not require external calibration or additional parts such as A/D converters, OP amps or reference voltage. It thus significantly reduces overall implementation effort as well as PCB space and cost.
TLI4970 is more accurate than existing open- or closed-loop systems with magnetic cores. It also provides additional functions such as overcurrent detection and programmable filters yet has a significantly smaller footprint and lower power consumption.
TLI4970 is extremely robust against external magnetic fields thanks to implemented strayfield suppression and is also suitable for fast overcurrent detection at a pre-configurable level. This allows the control unit to switch off independently of the main measurement path and protect power consumers from damage.
- AC & DC measurement range up to ±50A
- Highly accurate over temperature range and lifetime (max. 1.0% (0 h), 1.6% (over lifetime) of indicated value)
- Low offset error (max. 75mA over temperature and lifetime)
- High magnetic stray field suppression
- Fast over current detection with configurable threshold
- Galvanic isolation up to 2.5kV max. rated isolation voltage (UL1577)
- 16-bit digital SPI output (13-bit current value)
- Small 7.0 x 7.0 mm SMD package
The TLI4970 is suitable for AC and DC current measurement applications like photovoltaic inverters, PFC power supplies, chargers and drives. With its implemented stray field suppression, it is extremely robust against external magnetic fields. It is also suitable for fast over-current detection at configurable level. This allows the control unit to switch off and protect the affected power consumers from damage, independently of the main measurement path.