Infineon – 650 V TRENCHSTOP™ 5 S5 in TO-220-3
650 V TRENCHSTOP™ 5 is recognized leading IGBT thin-wafer technology. Now also available in small footprint packages like TO-220-3 enables higher power designs in a compact size. Apart from high current density in small package low losses of the TRENCHSTOP™ 5 benefits to low junction temperature of the device, consequently less cooling, longer operational cycles and high life time expectancy.
The 650 V, 28/39 A hard-switching TRENCHSTOP™ 5 S5 IGBT addresses applications swit-ching between 10 kHz and 40 kHz to deliver high current density, high efficiency, faster time-to-market cycles, circuit design complexity reduction and PCB bill of material cost optimization.
– Very low VCEsat of 1.35 V at 25°C, 20% lower than TRENCHSTOP™ 5 H5
– 4 times Ic pulse current (100°C Tc)
– Soft current fall characteristics with no tail current
– Symmetrical, low voltage overshoot
– Gate voltage under control (no oscillation). No risk of unwanted turn-on of device and no need for gate clamping
– Maximum junction temperature Tvj = 175°C
– Qualified according to JEDEC standards
– Easy plug and play with silicon diodes
– System efficiency improvement over Si diodes
– Enabling higher frequency / increased power density solutions
– System reliability improvement
Application diagram high voltage corded power tools