DLC’s Sunlight Readable TFT’s
Sunlight readable/daylight viewable TFT Display for use in outdoor applications, Outdoor LCD/outdoor display enhancement technology
How does this technology work?
Transflective LCD modules hold both transmissive and reflective properties, and the method of image display depends upon the conditions of the ambient environment. The display uses a backlight with a transmissive property in dark environments, and uses external light with a reflective property in bright environments. Our improved transflective method allows for better color performance, which provides excellent color characteristics similar to the transmissive mode. The net Reflectance rate of our Transflective LCD solution is from 0.9% to 1.3% varied from panels selected. For example, with 1.3% net reflectance rate and under 10,000 ambient sunlight conditions, the brightness gain is around 130 nits added to original backlight brightness.
- Readable under all lighting conditions to include direct Sunlight
- Enhanced contrast ratio for both indoor and outdoor conditions
- Utmost indoor color saturation, brightness, and viewing angle
- Full mechanical and electrical compliance with the existent system
- Power saving and backlight life preserving in outdoor applications
- No extra heat generation even when viewed at higher brightness