Diodes – AP31261 Robust Green-Mode PWM Controllers
The AP31261 current-mode PWM controller is optimized for use in high-performance, low-standby power, cost effective, offline flyback converters. It is available in the SOT26 package.
AP31261 has three modes of operation to minimize power losses dependent on load.
1. Fixed 65kHz PWM switching frequency: under full-load.
2. Green Mode: At lighter loads the AP31261 automatically switches to PFM with switching frequency fold-back, improving system efficiency. A 20kHz minimum switching frequency avoids audible noise.
3. Burst Mode: Under Light- or No-load to minimize standby power.
Frequency dithering is built-in to reduce EMI emissions.
AP31261 includes comprehensive protection features such as cycle-by-cycle current limit (OCP), VCC Overvoltage Protection (VOVP), internal OTP, and Overload Protection (OLP).
AP31261 has additional short protection for the current sense pin which protects the system from Bus capacitor open and current sense resistor short conditions.
The Diodes’ Advantage
AP31261 is a high performance and cost effective offline AC-DC solution for portable applications and consumer and home appliances.
Three Modes of Operation: 65kHz PWM Mode, Green-Mode and Burst Mode
Improves efficiency across all load levels.
Frequency Dithering in 65kHz PWM and Green Modes
Reduces EMI emission.
Internal Slope and Line Compensation
Simplifies the feedback loop design giving a more robust design
Overcurrent Protection, VCC Overvoltage Protection, Internal OTP, Overload Protection
Increases system reliability and robustness.
Short Protection for Current Sense Pin
Protects the system from Bus capacitor open and current sense resistor short
CTRL Pin Versatile Protection
Provides external OTP/OVP with minimal number of components
- Switching AC-DC Adapter/Charger
- ATX/BTX Auxiliary Power
- Set-top Box (STB) Power Supply
- Open Frame Switching Power Supply
Link to the Datasheet