AVX – Releases New SMPS Capacitor Simulation Software SpiCalci 9.0
AVX Corporation, a leading manufacturer of passive components and interconnect solutions, has released a new version of its SpiCalci simulation software, an engineering tool that calculates performance characteristics and parameters for its switch mode power supply (SMPS) capacitors. Featuring enhanced part selection and including nearly all of the new SMPS devices that AVX has introduced over the past two years, many of which are sole-sourced, SpiCalci 9.0 allows engineers to input raw data and generate output information and graphs that will help them choose which of AVXs advanced multilayer ceramic (MLC) SMPS capacitors will best satisfy their application criteria.
New additions to the SpiCalci 9.0 product catalog include: 25V ST10 and RT10 Series Mini-TurboCap™ small footprint, high CV SMPS capacitors; 1500V, 2000V, and 3000V C0G dielectric and 50V to 3000V VHT (X7R) dielectric SXP Series molded, radial-leaded SMPS MLCCs; N1500 dielectric SV Series high voltage, radial-leaded MLCCs; 25V C0G and 50V to 500V VHT (X7R) dielectric SMX Series stacked SMPS MLCCs for high temperature applications up to 200°C; unencapsulated (PSO1 style), 25V, BX (X7R) dielectric SM Series T-Level MIL-PRF-49470 stacked SMPS MLCCs in case sizes 1-6; and encapsulated and unencapsulated (PS01 and PS02 style)100V, 200V, and 500V BP (C0G/NP0) dielectric T-Level MIL-PRF-49470 SM Series stacked SMPS MLCCs in case sizes 3-5.
Some Key Features/Benefits Include
- Downloadable software is now packaged using Install Shield making it easier to install on Windows 7 and 8 operating systems
- ST10 and RT10 25V rated parts
- Displays VHT (X7R) Dielectric on high temp parts
- Software will run smoothly on 64 bit OS
- Part selection process is enhanced to make it easier to select a valid part
Applications/ Advantages & Selling Points
- Military, Defense, and Space / Satellite Systems
- Down-hole oil, gas, and mineral exploration
- Automotive and Hybrid Electric Vehicles (HEV)
- DC filters in high power, motor drives
- Start and Run Capacitors in AC Induction Motors.
- DC Link Capacitors for AC/AC and DC/AC Motor Drive Inverters
- AC/DC Converter, EMI filtering, AC line filtering, Snubbers, Timing Circuits, bulk storage, and DC-DC Converting (power conditioning)
- Specific power supply applications include missiles, fighter planes, commercial aircraft, mobile surveillance systems, automated turrets, battleship electronics systems, commercial satellites, satellites for television, undersea cables, the robotic arm on the International Space Station, Hubble telescope, and interplanetary explorer spacecraft.