AVX – Releases F98-AS1 Fused Face-Down Tantalum SMD Capacitor
AVX Tantalum Asia Corporation has released the F98-AS1 series face-down tantalum SMD with fuse-function.
With higher capacitance in a smaller size, the lead-frameless structure packs a larger tantalum anode than conventional J-LEAD type fused caps. An internal thin film fuse protects from large inrush current by stable and reliable fuse activation at short circuit failure. F98-AS1 series features flat impedance over a wide frequency range due to low ESL by the lead-frameless structure. The 0805 (2012 metric) fused type is the smallest and thinnest fused tantalum SMD device on the market. AVX’s new F98-AS1 series became available in April 2014 with samples already on request.
Some key benefits
- High volumetric efficiency
- Fuse blows on failure current – failure mode : Open circuit
- RoHS compatible
- Low failure rate 1%/1000hrs defined at 85C and full rated voltage
Advantages / Applications
- Smallest and thinnest in fused tantalum cap
- Stable fuse activation
- Low ESR and impedance characteristics with frequency
- Industrial equipment, Automotive electronics, Mobile phone – safe for power lines