AVX Doubles the Lifetime of Select THH 230°C Hermetic Series High Temperature SMD Tantalum Capacitors
Four of the six ratings AVX’s THH Series currently available now offer 2,000-hour lifetimes at 230°C and 0.5VR, and all six recently completed mechanical shock and vibration testing to MIL-STD-202 at 230°C with 20g peak, ensuring robust, high-reliability performance in harsh, extreme application environments, such as down-hole and high temperature electronic engine control (EEC).
Hermetically sealed in ceramic cases with MnO2 cathodes, THH Series tantalum capacitors exhibit extremely stable performance. Additionally, when compared with other high temperature capacitor solutions currently available, such as 200°C wet tantalum. Series also exhibit low leakage current (0.01CV), and are manufactured and screened using AVX’s patented Q-Process, which requires statistical lot acceptance over a wide range of parameters above and beyond standard test limits. THH 230°C Hermetic Series capacitors are currently available with capacitance values spanning 6.8µF to 100µF, voltage ratings spanning 16V to 63V. Operating temperatures for the series span -55°C to +230°C, and its maximum ESR is 500mΩ at 100kHz.
Features / Benefits:
- Stability under humidity and ambient atmosphere exposure
- Operational temp. up to 230°C for up to 2000hrs service life
- Large case sizes including CTC-21D provide high capacitance values
- High-Reliability with Statistical screening & Q-Process
Applications / Advantages / Selling Points:
- Down hole, Oil drilling, Extreme temperature applications in Industrial
- Wide temperature range up to 230°C, Long life specification up to 10,000hrs
- Hermetic case with variable terminations