Alliance Memory Introduces New High-Speed Mobile DDR SDRAMs
Alliance Memory introduces a new line of high-speed mobile CMOS double data rate synchronous DRAMs (DDR SDRAM) designed to increase efficiency and extend battery life in compact portable devices. Featuring low power consumption from 1.7 V to 1.95 V and a number of power-saving features, the 256-Mb, 512-Mb, 1-Gb, and 2-Gb devices are offered in 8-mm by 9-mm 60-ball and 8-mm by 13-mm 90-ball FPBGA packages.
Key Specifications and Benefits:
- Low power consumption from 1.7 V to 1.95 V
- Power-saving features:
- Auto temperature compensated self-refresh (ATCSR)
- Partial array self-refresh (PASR)
- Deep power down (DPD) mode
- Doubt data rate architecture for fast clock rates of 166 MHz and 200 MHz
- Each device available in extended (-30 °C to +85 °C) and industrial (-40 °C to +85 °C) temperature ranges
- Internally configured as four banks of 16M x 16 bits and 32 bits; 32M and 64M x 16 bits; and 32M and 64M x 32 bits
- Offered in 8-mm by 9-mm 60-ball and 8-mm by 13-mm 90-ball FPBGA packages
- Fully synchronous operation
- Programmable read or write burst lengths of 2, 4, 8, or 16
- Auto pre-charge function provides a self-timed row pre-charge initiated at the end of the burst sequence
- Easy-to-use refresh functions include auto- or self-refresh
- RoHS compliant
- Lead (Pb)- and halogen-free
Target Applications: Portable consumer electronics, medical equipment, and networking devices
With each new product generation, designers of today’s portable devices are tasked with providing more functionality in less space while using less power. To meet this demand, Alliance Memory’s mobile DDR SDRAMs combine low power consumption with power-saving features, including auto temperature compensated self-refresh (ATCSR) to minimize power consumption at lower ambient temperatures; partial array self-refresh (PASR) to reduce power by only refreshing critical data; and a deep power down (DPD) mode for an ultra-low power state when data retention isn’t required.
As the number of mobile DDR SDRAM suppliers continues to decrease, Alliance Memory is offering designers a new source for the low power consumption they require. The company’s AS4C16M16MD1, AS4C32M16MD1, AS4C16M32MD1, AS4C64M16MD1, AS4C32M32MD1, and AS4C64M32MD1 provide reliable drop-in, pin-for-pin-compatible replacements for a number of similar solutions in high-bandwidth, high-performance memory system applications.