IO-Link communication transceiver device IC with configurable high, low side stage
The L6362A is a general purpose transceiver, ideally suited for 24V DC automation sensor & actuator devices. It combines configurable high-side, low-side or push-pull power stage together with a receiver channel. The chip is compliant to the IO-Link communication standard PHY2 (3-wire connection) supporting COM1 (4.8 kbaud), COM2 (38.4 kbaud) and COM3 (230.4 kbaud) modes.
Power stage featuring extra low RDSON (1.4Ω/1.6Ω max. across the operating range) ensures extensive robustness and market best-in-class power dissipation! It can drive any kind of loads like resistive, capacitive up to approx. 30µF or highly inductive loads with accumulated energy up to 500mJ.
Thanks to the unique design, all the communication as well as the supply pins are protected against all the possible reverse polarity conditions. Besides that the L6362A is protected against short-circuit and overload conditions, over-voltage, over-temperature and EMC disturbances including high energy surge pulses (±1 kV through 500Ω generator coupling)!
An integrated voltage regulator can provide a stable 3.3V or 5V supply for other surrounding circuits in the application.
Thanks to the tiny package size 3 x 3 mm only, the part is fitting to the application with the highest space constraints.
Single channel granularity makes the product flexible to be used for single line as well as the multi-line applications with the advantage of independency and ideal dissipation among the chips avoiding hot-spots on the board.
- Supply Voltage from 7V to 36V
- Output Current up to 300mA
- RDSON: 1Ω typ. (-40..125C: 1.6Ω max.)
- Selectable Output Stages: High Side, Low Side, Push-Pull
- Drives any type of Loads (L, C, R)
- 30μF Output Load Drive Capability
- Switching capability of highly inductive loads with energy up to 500mJ
- Fast demagnetization of inductive loads in High Side and Low Side modes
- 5V & 3.3V Compatible I/Os
- 5 V or 3.3V, 8mA selectable Linear Regulator
- Supports Wake-up Detection
- Supports COM1, COM2 and COM3 mode
- Fully protected against:
- Reverse Polarity
- Over Current and Cut-Off
- Over Temperature
- Under Voltage and Over Voltage
- GND and VCC disconnection
- Designed to meet:
- Surge according to the EN60947-5-2 & IEC 61000-4-5
- Burst according to the IEC 61000-4-4
- ESD according to the IEC 61000-4-2
- Ambient Temperature range from -40 to +125 °C
- Miniaturized package: DFN-12L 3×3 mm package
- Factory Automation
- Sensor systems
- IO-Link device (slave) nodes
- PWM Function modules for Programmable Logic Controllers
- Configuration & diagnostic interfaces at control systems and safety relays