Vishay – New 80V MOSFET in PowerPAK® SO-8
SiR680ADP Offers Best in Class RDS(ON) Times Gate Charge FOM to Increase Efficiency; Combines RDS(ON) Down to 2.35 mOhm With 55 nC Gate Charge and COSS of 614 pF
Vishay Intertechnology introduces a new 80 V TrenchFET® Gen IV n-channel power MOSFET in the 6.15 mm by 5.15 mm PowerPAK® SO-8 single package that offers best in class on-resistance times gate charge — a key figure of merit (FOM) for MOSFET’s used in power conversion applications — of 129 mOhm*nC.
- The MOSFET’s on-resistance times gate charge FOM is 12.2 % lower than the closest competing product and 22.5 % lower than the previous-generation device, making it the most efficient solution available for typical 48 V input to 12 V output DC/DC converters.
- The device’s specifications are fine-tuned to reduce the power losses from switching, channel conduction, and diode conduction, resulting in increased efficiency.
- In selected applications, power saving could be as high as 1 W average across the load.
The Key Specifications:
- Drain-source voltage: 80 V
- Typical on-resistance:
- At 10 V: 2.35 mΩ
- At 7.5 V: 2.70 mΩ
- Gate charge: 55 nC at 10 V and 43 nC at 7.5 V
- Output charge: 95 nC
- COSS: 614 pF
- Package: PowerPAK® SO-8
- Saves energy by increasing the efficiency of power conversion topologies and switching circuitry
- Class leading on-resistance times gate charge FOM of 129 mOhm*nC
- On-resistance down to 2.35 mΩ typical at 10 V
- Ultra low gate charge of 55 nC
- Low COSS of 614 pF
- Offered in the thermally enhanced PowerPAK SO-8 single package
- 100 % RG- and UIS-tested
- RoHS-compliant and halogen-free
- DC/DC and AC/DC conversion applications
- Synchronous rectification, primary-side switching, buck-boost converters, resonant tank switching converters, and OR-ing functionality
- Telecom and data center server power supplies
- Resonant switching capacitor converters
- Solar micro-inverters
- Motor drives in power tools and industrial equipment
- Battery switching in battery management modules
Samples and production quantities of the SiR680ADP are available now, with lead times of 12 weeks.