STMicroelectronics – LSM6DS3: iNEMO inertial module: always-on 3D accelerometer and 3D gyroscope
The LSM6DS3 is a system-in-package featuring a 3D digital accelerometer and a 3D digital gyroscope performing at 1.25 mA (up to 1.6 kHz ODR) in highperformance mode and enabling always-on low-power features for an optimal motion experience for the consumer.
The LSM6DS3 supports main OS requirements, offering real, virtual and batch sensors with 8 kbyte for dynamic data batching.
ST’s family of MEMS sensor modules leverages the robust and mature manufacturing processes already used for the production of micromachined accelerometers and gyroscopes.
The various sensing elements are manufactured using specialized micromachining processes, while the IC interfaces are developed using CMOS technology that allows the design of a dedicated circuit which is trimmed to better match the characteristics of the sensing element.
The LSM6DS3 has a full-scale acceleration range of ±2/±4/±8/±16 g and an angular rate range of ±125/±245/±500/±1000/±2000 dps.
High robustness to mechanical shock makes the LSM6DS3 the preferred choice of system designers for the creation and manufacturing of reliable products.
The LSM6DS3 is available in a plastic land grid array (LGA) package.
- Power consumption: 0.9 mA in combo normal mode and 1.25 mA in combo high-performance mode up to 1.6 kHz.
- “Always on” experience with low power consumption for both accelerometer and gyroscope
- Smart FIFO up to 8 kbyte based on features set
- Compliant with Android K and L
- Hard, soft ironing for external magnetic sensor corrections
- ±2/±4/±8/±16 g full scale
- ±125/±245/±500/±1000/±2000 dps full scale
- Analog supply voltage: 1.71 V to 3.6 V
- Independent IOs supply (1.62 V)
- Compact footprint, 2.5 mm x 3 mm x 0.83 mm
- SPI/I2C serial interface with main processor data synchronization feature
- Embedded temperature sensor
- ECOPACK®, RoHS and “Green” compliant
- Pedometer, step detector and step counter
- Significant motion and tilt functions
- Indoor navigation
- Tap and double-tap detection
- IoT and connected devices
- Intelligent power saving for handheld devices
- Vibration monitoring and compensation
- Free-fall detection
- 6D orientation detection