STMicroelectronics – Bluetooth SMART board based on the BlueNRG low energy network processor
The RF daughterboard features the BlueNRG device, an SMA connector for an antenna or measuring instruments and an SPI connector for external microcontroller.The motherboard is based on the STM32L, acting as external microcontroller driving the BlueNRG device.
A JTAG connector allows development of firmware on the microcontroller. This video presents the STEVAL-IDB002V, a BlueNRG development kit. The BlueNRG solution adds ultra-low power Bluetooth smart connectivity to smart objects. ST has all the ingredients for the Internet of Things with a complete portfolio of sensors, microcontrollers, wireless connectivity and analog components.
- BlueNRG low power Bluetooth low energy network coprocessor
- STM32L external microcontroller
- Associated BlueNRG development kit including documentation, firmware for STM32L and GUI
- JTAG debug connector
- Bluetooth low energy 4.0 master and slave compliant
- Very low power consumption:7.3 mA RX and 8.3 mA TX at +0 dBm
- Maximum transmission power: +8 dBm
- Excellent receiver sensitivity (-88 dBm)
- SPI interface for external microcontroller
- iOS App available
- Android App coming soon
- RoHS compliant
Check out this Video – STMicroelectronics Bluetooth Low Energy Demonstration Kit