Honeywell – NEW ABP Series – High Accuracy Pressure Sensors
The Basic Amplified ABP Series is a piezoresistive silicon pressure sensor offering a ratiometric analog or digital Output for reading pressure over the specified full scale pressure span and temperature range.
The ABP Series is fully calibrated and temperature compensated for sensor offset, sensitivity, temperature effects and accuracy errors (which include non-linearity, repeatability and hysteresis) using an on-board Application Specific Integrated Circuit (ASIC). Calibrated output values for pressure are updated at approximately 1 kHz for analog and 2 kHz for digital. The ABP Series is calibrated over the temperature range of 0 °C to 50 °C [32 °F to 122 °F]. The sensor is characterized for operation from a single power supply of either 3.3 Vdc or 5.0 Vdc. These sensors measure gage and differential pressures. The Basic Amplified pressure sensors are intended for use with non-corrosive, non-ionic gases, such as air and other dry gases. The following options extend the performance of these sensors to non-corrosive liquids.
- No silicone gel coating: The input port is limited to non-corrosive, non-ionic media such as dry air and gases and should not be exposed to condensation. The gases are limited to media that are compatible with high temperature polyamide, silicone, alumina ceramic, silicon, gold, and glass.
- Silicone gel coating: Uses the same materials in the wetted media path but is protected from condensation by a Silicone based gel coating; allows use in applications where condensation may occur.
All products are designed and manufactured according to ISO 9001 Standards.
For example, ABPDNNN150PGAA3 defines an ABP Series Amplified Basic Pressure Sensor, DIP package, NN pressure port, dry gases only, no diagnostics,150 psi gage pressure range, analog output type, 10% to 90% of Vsupply (analog), 214 counts (digital) transfer function, no temperature output, no sleep mode, 3.3 Vdc supply voltage.
- Proprietary Honeywell technology
- Protected by multiple global patents
- Industry-leading long-term stability: ±0.25 %FSS
- Total Error Band (TEB): ±1.5 %FSS
- Industry-leading accuracy: ±0.25 %FSS BFSL
- High burst pressures
- Industry-leading flexibility
- Wide pressure range: 60 mbar to 10 bar | 6 kPa to 1 MPa | 1 psi to 150 psi
- Meets IPC/JEDEC J-STD-020D.1 Moisture Sensitivity Level 1 requirements
- Optional internal diagnostic functions
- Energy efficient Output: ratiometric analog; I2C- or SPI-compatible 14-bit digital output(min. 12-bit sensor resolution)
- Small size: As small as 8 mm x 7 mm
- REACH and RoHS compliant
- Sleep mode option (see Technical Note)
- Temperature output option
- Liquid media Option
- Blood analysis
- Blood pressure monitoring
- Breast pumps
- Drug dosing
- Hospital beds
- Massage machines
- Oxygen concentrators
- Patient monitoring
- Sleep apnea equipment
- Urine analyzers
- Ventilators/portable ventilators
- Wound therapy
- Air brakes
- Life sciences
- Material handling
- Pneumatic control
- Pneumatic regulator
- Process gas monitoring
- Valve positioning and positioners
- Air beds
- Coffee makers
- Washing machines