Bosch Automotive Electronics – SMI130
The SMI130 is a new compact, 6-axis inertial sensor for non-safety automotive applications. The inertial sensor module consists of a triaxial acceleration sensor and a tri-axial gyroscope in one LGA package. It provides a cost-efficient one-chip solution especially for infotainment sys-tems like in-dash navigation or telematic on-board units.
The SMI130 detects accelerations and angular rates in three perpendicular axes and allows tilt, motion, vibration or shock sensing regardless of the mounting orientation of the sensor. In particular the SMI130 eliminates the need for different sensor housings for slant-angle correction in in-dash navigation systems.
The SMI130 contains a digital 16-bit triaxial gyroscope (±2000°/s) and a digital 10-bit triaxial acceleration (±16g) sensor.
Numerous programming options, a low signal noise and a very small footprint make the SMI130 a highly versatile and easily applicable inertial sensor. For individual adjustments to the application, the user can easily choose via the digital interface between four (accelerometer) or five (gyroscope) different measurement ranges and several low pass filter-ing options. In addition, an 8-bit temperature signal is available. An embedded self-test ensures signal integrity.
The sensor accepts supply voltages between 2.4V and 3.6V and can be operated in a temperature range between -40°C and +85°C. The sensor is RoHS compliant and qualified according to AEC-Q100.
Sensor features and customer benefits:
Low noise and low power 6DOF* inertial sensor:
- 16-bit triaxial gyroscope (±125°/s,…,±2000°/s)
- 10-bit triaxial accelerometer (±2g,…,±16g)
- Temperature sensor output
- Embedded filters with programmable bandwidth
- Low power consumption
- Embedded self-test
- AEC-Q100 qualification
Ultra small, precise and flexible – a one fits all solution:
- 6DOF (degrees of freedom) allowing motion or tilt control regardless of sensor mounting orientation
- Very small and easy to integrate single-chip sensor
- Reliable sensor signals over time and temperature
- Wide range of applications due to multiple user pro-grammable settings