Telit BlueMod+W42 – Embedded Bluetooth & Wirepas Module
The BlueMod+W42 is Telit’s first Bluetooth module with embedded Wirepas connectivity Technology, an automated multi-hop, wide-area mesh network. It’s an ideal solution for large-scale industrial and infrastructure IoT applications such as smart meters and smart cities.
The BlueMod+W42 is pin to pin compatible with Bluetooth Low Energy modules, BlueMod+S42 and the BlueMod+S50.
- Integrates the nRF52832 SoC from Nordic Semiconductors
- Form factor: 10 x 17 x 2.5mm
- Temperature range: -40 to +85°C
- Integrated ceramic antenna
- Interfaces: UART, I²C, SPI, PWM, ADC
- Power supply: 1.8 – 3.6V
- Transmit power: up to +5dBm
- Receiver sensitivity: -94dBm
- RED certification
Wirepas connectivity technology is an automated multi-hop, self-configuring, self-healing low power wide-area mesh network.
All the Wirepas Connectivity intelligence is in the network. The devices decide the best actions by themselves locally. No central network management is needed. The local decision-making ensures that the devices always operate the similar way, independent of the network size or the devices’ locations within the network.
Through Wirepas, devices can automatically choose their role according to the situation. This means that every device is a possible routing point for forwarding data. The user does not need to define the roles of the devices, this is done automatically depending on what the optimal topology is at a given time.
Wirepas devices can act synchronously, and co-operatively select the times and channels used for communication. All the available channels in a given band can be used. Whenever two devices want to communicate with each other they know the channel and the exact times to send and receive. This way all unnecessary overhead, such as overhearing, idle listening, and intra-network collisions, are removed.
Furthermore Wirepas devices can communicate data over multiple hops. The topology is optimized continuously and adapts to changes in the environment and the network. For each device there are multiple routing options (next hops), and multiple Gateways (backhaul connection) can be used in the same network.
Features & Benefits of Wirepas:
- Low infrastructure cost. Standard radio components. No dedicated routers or repeaters needed.
- Easy incremental deployment as a part of regular maintenance
- Connected luminaires provide an access point for variety of IoT sensors
- Low latency – less than 10 ms per hop for the luminaires
- Low energy – 10+ years of battery autonomy for connected sensors and beacons
- No extra communication devices are required
- High node to gateway ratio minimizes backhaul data plan costs. Deterministic bandwidth independent of scale