STMicroelectronics – LED1202 – 12-Channel Low Quiescent Current LED Driver
The LED1202 is a 12-channel low quiescent current LED driver; it guarantees 5 V output driving capability and each channel is able to provide up to 20 mA with a headroom voltage of 350 mV (typ.) only. The output current can be adjusted separately for each channel by 8-bit analog and 12-bit digital dimming control.
A slow turn-on and turn-off time improves the system low noise generation performance; moreover, the phase shifting function helps to reduce the inrush current. Eight patterns can be stored in the internal registers for automatic sequencing without MCU intervention.
The pattern sequence can be also configured for duration time and number of repetition. For multi-device applications, a common clock domain can be shared for timing synchronization. The device includes thermal shutdown and open LED detection.
The device I²C interface is based on fast mode specification and works up to 400 kHz. Eight I²C addresses are possible by using two configuration pins (A0/A1) only.
The LED1202 is available in WLCSP20 package 1.71 x 2.16 x 0.5 mm with 0.4 mm pitch and in QFN20 3×3 package 3 x 3 x 0.6 mm with 0.5 mm pitch.
- Supply range from 2.6 V to 5 V
- 12 channels for single LED
- 20 mA current capability per channel
- 1% (typ.) current matching at 16 mA and 2% (typ.) at 2.5 mA
- 1.8 V compatible I²C control interface
- 8-bit analog dimming individual control
- 12-bit local PWM resolution
- 8 programmable patterns
- Programmable pattern sequence
- Synchronization for multi-device application
- Phase shifting between channels
- Open LED detection
- Overtemperature protection
- 8 configurable I²C slave addresses plus global address
- Fault flag pin
RGB LED lighting, fade-in and fade-out breathing effect, indicator lights for:
- Wearable electronics
- Battery powered devices
- Portable accessories