Diodes – AP72200 – High Efficiency Synchronous DC-DC Buck-Boost Converter
The AP72200 is a high current synchronous buck-boost converter providing high efficiency, excellent transient response, and high output voltage accuracy. It’s ideal for battery powered applications like smartphones, tablets, and other handheld devices.
The AP72200 uses an I2C, two-wire interface to dynamically program the output voltage along with other device configuration options. Its I2C interface supports bit rates up to 3.4Mbit/s (High-speed mode).
The AP72200 utilizes a low resistance, 4-switch H-Bridge configuration to support buck and boost operations with at least 2A output current. It also has outstanding line and load transient responses and a seamless transition between buck and boost modes.
Its current-mode control scheme handles wide input/output voltage ratios and has 3 modes of operation: – PFM (support LLHE) – PWM (lower ripple) – Ultrasonic – no audible noise
The AP72200 also features UVLO, OTP, and OCP to protect the chip.
The AP72200 is available in the small 2.125mm x 1.750mm, 20-ball WLCSP package.
- VIN 2.3V to 5.5V – Works across the full voltage range of a single-cell Li-Ion battery
- Output Voltage range: 2.6V to 5.14V
- 2A Output Current for VOUT=3.4V and VIN>2.9V and Efficiency up to 97% – Longer battery life
- Supports standard-mode, fast-mode, fast-mode plus, and high-speed mode
- Controls output voltage setting, output voltage ramp up/down slew rates
- Controls output OVP threshold, OCP threshold, and other device configurations
- PFM Mode for high light load efficiency through MODE Pin or I2C programming
- PWM Mode for low output ripple through MODE Pin or I2C programming
- Ultrasonic mode for avoiding audible range through I2C programming
- Portable Consumer Devices